disk_var.sh copied during softupdates?

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Wed Oct 4 00:19:21 CEST 2006

[...] (will reply to that part later on)

>     > Even though this shouldn't cause too much trouble, it does result in an error
>     > message on systems that were installed using fai < 3.0 because AFAIK the path
>     > was changed.
> Any ideas how to fix that? Are there other problems when using FAI 3.0
> for softupdate when the install client was installed with 2.X? IMO
> there must be problems when using variables in customization scripts,
> which had been renamed.

Actually things were less troublesome than expected, but I had prepared my
configspace already; however, the only things I did were:
- update fai.conf
- s/DO_INIT_TASKS/do_init_tasks/
- s/target/FAI_ROOT/
- explicitly export all the variables
- added class/00transition.source:

  if [ -z "$do_init_tasks" ] ; then
    export do_init_tasks=$DO_INIT_TASKS
  fi

I don't know, whether all these steps were really required, but this way it
seems to work without any problems. Even fai-client itself was upgraded via a
softupdate :-)

Cheers,