disk_var.sh copied during softupdates?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 4 00:01:08 CEST 2006

    > does anybody know why disk_var.sh gets copied during softupdates? In
    > lib/subroutines, line 493 it says:
    >   cp -p /var/lib/fai/disk_var.sh $LOGDIR # use the last disk_var during update
IMO it's just for historical reasons. I'm not the softupdate guru, but
I think I added this because the information from disk_var.sh are
needed during softupdate and if someone changes the data in
disk_var.sh we need the last version of disk_var.sh during
softupdate. If this is not correct feel free to fill a bug report and
tell me how to do it better.

    > Even though this shouldn't cause too much trouble, it does result in an error
    > message on systems that were installed using fai < 3.0 because AFAIK the path
    > was changed.
Any ideas how to fix that? Are there other problems when using FAI 3.0
for softupdate when the install client was installed with 2.X? IMO
there must be problems when using variables in customization scripts,
which had been renamed.