fai 3.0 testing

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Mon Oct 2 02:07:20 CEST 2006

Hi,
some notes about my tests of fai 3.0

As can be seen I found some things I reported as bugs.
Some maybe need discussion:

* as said, xen domain install could get some examples to make it
easier to get started (the hwclock causing an error is just a minor
one). I can make a proposal on where to integrate them as soon as I
have som tested with etch.

* for the dirinst problems: for xen, they are not strictly necessary.
FAI works perfectly with Xen in netinstall mode. so, before investing
too much time in this, other things are more important.

* for the docs, the bug filed about them is a bit too general. We
should collect ideas where we think things have changed that need to
be documented. My Ideas:
** Fai dirinst is documented in FAI's manpage - I could use it with
just this docs without further problems. Don't know if dirinst ist
already contained in the FAI Manual.
** maybe the stuff with the base image that are now also searched in
the configdir . I only read about it in the changelog somewhere, and
did not test it yet. It must also be in the manual.

ok, that's all I can think of now. What do you think?

Henning