[Fai-commit] r3319 - trunk/lib

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Mon Mar 27 12:58:02 CEST 2006

> On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 04:31:42PM +0000, fai-repository at svn.debian.org wrote:
> > Author: lange
> > Date: 2006-03-26 16:31:41 +0000 (Sun, 26 Mar 2006)
> > New Revision: 3319
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/lib/subroutines-linux
> > Log:
> > move copy commands for apt files into task updatebase,
> Could you please revert this part?
> this makes a hook dealing with the apt configuration impossible, I am using
> prepareapt.DEFAULT to copy the apt config using fcopy _before_ updatebase,
> which has proven very useful (and, BTW, prepareapt is a lot more intuitive
> taskname for dealing with the apt configuration).

I second this, what was the reason to move the commands to updatebase? I'm
actually using a hook updatebase.DEFAULT which copies some apt-config files
using fcopy to update the installed system from the sarge-based base.tar.gz to
testing at this early stage, which produces a clean testing system from the very
beginning. This cp command would overwrite my sources.list :-(

Thanks,