fai mandriva installation ... and other rpm's

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Fri Jan 20 01:18:33 CET 2006

Hi,
Now that I have some testing hardware, some days before I've found time
to install mandriva Linux with the stuff Florent Vuillemin sent us a
while ago.
I then merged this into my proposed architecture for flexible
multi-distribution support
Again, only minimal changes to subroutines-linux so it just lets a hook
do all the necessary stuff for the task instsoft and prepareapt. The
rest is just some classes that need to be copied into configspace.
Also made a successful mandriva installation (/etc/modules and grub
menu.lst missing - peanuts, booted with grub shell and loaded module
manually, things worked).

The rpmstrap tool seems to help a lot - I made a simple deb package for
it, but I am yet testing it. All successfull mandriva installl depend on
a packaged base image from Florent.
If rpmstrap works well, probably centos and fedora support is just
around the corner. If not, there's a list of other choices to try.

Henning