addpackages removed in FAI 2.9?

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Thu Jan 12 20:31:19 CET 2006

[...]
> Yes. I could distribute, exchange, and update filey, scripts, package
> configs belonging to a single class that way. I could even package
> classes in *.debs.

[...]

I'm not sure whether this is useful, but what about a few thoughts about where
class-names could be hidden in the config space!? This list most probably
incomplete, additions are appreciated

class/
  - <CLASS>.var
    * can be discovered by find -name "<CLASS>.var"
  - any of the scripts might define <CLASS> in some way (doing echo, cat some
    other file ...) - this is undecidable, we can't
    * no way (but guessing)

debconf/
  - <CLASS>
    * find -name "<CLASS>"

files/
  - .../<CLASS>
    * find -name "<CLASS>"

hooks/
  - task.<CLASS>
    * find -name "*.<CLASS>"

disk_config/
  - <CLASS>
    * find -name "<CLASS>"

scripts/
  - <CLASS>
    * find -type f -name "<CLASS>"
  - <CLASS>/
    * find -type d -name "<CLASS>"
  - included in some script
    * grep -r -l "<CLASS>" scripts/

package_config/
  - <CLASS>
    * find -name "<CLASS>"
  - included in some other file
    * grep -r -l "<CLASS>" package_config/

So all those "*"s should suffice to extract the related files, apart from the
class directory. Still, there we could resort to taking
  *.sh, *.source, <CLASS>.var and `grep -l "<CLASS>" class/*` (and make
    the list unique ...)

So this is my idea of how to extract a single class from the current config
space layout (and thus a starting point for packaging such a class).

Regards,