addpackages removed in FAI 2.9?

henning henning_sprang at gmx.de
Tue Jan 10 16:34:43 CET 2006

sorry, accidentally posted to linux-fai ...

Thomas Lange wrote:
>     > It can often be very useful to share classes. And sharing single classes
>     > when they are in a configspace as they are now, is defintely not easy.
>
>     > But probably we don't need to talk further about that until I made a
>     > proposal on how it can be implemented, so you can see what I mean in code.
> It's not important how to implement it (means wrinting code), but how
> to organise the directory structure in a other/new/better way. So
> please let us discuss the layout before implementing anything. Maybe I
> will make some toughts about it on my flight to NZ.

I thought about that because my explanation how I would do it results in
discussions here where I have the feeling that my explanation isn't
understood, so I thought an implemenetation would be better to understand.
I do not think such an implementation is that difficult, so it's not
really lot of wasted time when it doesn't get accepted.

A very basic example of how the config space could look is in
examples/classes from my multidistribution package.

Because I want to make my multidistribution examples easier to update
and handle for myself, adn keep them away from the standard simple
examples when developing for that, I put them in an extra classes
directory. A user then needs to do
cp -a /usr/share/doc/fai-doc/examples/classes/*/* /usr/local/share/fai/
to get started.

Henning