/people/lazyboy/r-2_8_4-fai-cd_sarge_fixes - two bugfixes merged together

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Mon Nov 14 20:59:59 CET 2005

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 11:17 +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Hi,
>     > To test merging in an uncritical area, I put the two new fai-cd patches
>     > together in the branch /people/lazyboy/r-2_8_4-fai-cd_sarge_fixes.
> Hi Hening,
>
> since I applied your patches to the trunk and to my 2.8.4-sarge-fixes
> branch, your branches are not needed any more. What does our HOTWO
> recommends now? Will you delete your three branches that are not
> needed any more? Or should I do it, since I merged them into the main
> sources?

Hmm, there are some prerequisites which must be given to delete a
branch. At least the following:

- it must be documented in the BTS where the bugfixes can be found
instead (until now there it's written that the fix can be found in that
exact branch, so we need to write that the fix can now be found in your
new sarge-fixes branch)

- the patch must be applied to any main branch which may need it ( this
is: a) the newest release branch b) maybe the branch of the package
currently in Debian stable and testing c) the trunk. Currently, a and b
are the same

I can do that in the next few days.

Henning