Debian BTS/Tags

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Sat Nov 5 17:20:07 CET 2005

[...]
> I'm not really sure (yet) that such tags are useful. Maybe they are. I fear a
> little bit an overload of tags (corresponding to the (potentially) "huge"
> number of branches. What do you think ?
>
> IMHO those tags should also be mentioned (and linked) at
> http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/People_branches#People_branches
>
> Then we could also introduce more general tags like "worked by h01ger".
>
> > What do the others think about that? My tag-proposal, as above, is a bit
> > clumsy, are there any nicer suggestions?
>
> I think usertags are _the_ way to go! :-)

The thing I considered "clumsy" was my suggestion of the tag-name, i.e.,
fixed-in-svn_michael_bugfixes_310999 - and most probably you are right, this
would cause an overload; I don't know, if spaces are permitted in those tags?
What about a tag as simple as svn_michael? This would help

- all developers, because we know, someone is working on it
- Thomas, because he knows where to look/whom to contact for the proper fix.

We might add some info on the status, i.e. "working", "fixed" or just leave that
in the control-message of the tag-request, some separate message or this list.

If there are no objections to this proposal, I'd start out and try to tag
310999...

Best regards,