Managing Tool for faireps

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Tue Oct 25 22:02:19 CEST 2005

Hi Jan,

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 20:45 +0200, Jan Jansen wrote:
> I'm developing a bash-based tool to manage a fai repository (with cvs
> support). It performs actions on full classes like deleting,
> moving/renaming, updates classes's files/ recursively and creates full
> filetrees. An information mode on classes is also included. All actions can
> be performed on remote repositorys (and from remote source root
> environments) via ssh/rsh.

I just realized your mail now. That sounds quite interesting. Can you
post it here or put it's code in the FAI wiki? Do you want to GPL it?

Did you think about that, for example in package_config, it's possible
to create single files that affect multiple classes? O.K., in case one
wants to use your tool, one could probably set up a policy on an
informational basis that this feature must not be used.

Henning