fai-cd produces unbootable system because of missing grub packages

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Tue Oct 18 00:31:33 CEST 2005

[...]
> Maybe this is my fault, since I know this bug, but I didn't reported
> it to the BTS. So I will try to report more things to the BTS, if I
> have the time.
If it is just a matter of lacking time, you could send a short note to the list
or some developer, who will then report the bug - this might be helpful...

>     > Should I report an extra bug for this before doing anything else, or is
>     > this still 320024 "fai-cd doesn't work with sarge"? I tend to say it's
>     > an extra bug, because it has nothing to do with sarge and hardcoded
>     > "testing" strings.
> It's a bug of install_packages, and I will think if I can easily
> remove packages ending with a minus when using install_packages for
> fai-mirror.

I'd say, it is a feature of install_packages - at least this code has been added
to install_packages with that intend. As I modified that code on the
FAI-Workshop I might also be able to help here - but what way would be best? I'd
suggest we add some command-line option to install_packages to tell it whether
to "optimize" the package-list or not.

All the best,