more troubles with fai-cd

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Sun Oct 16 23:09:05 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 21:25 +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> [...]
> > I just realized, the install runs fine and without those errors,
> > resulting in a running gnome install when I change line 214 in fai-cd to
> > be
> >
> > deb file:/media/mirror stable main
> >
> > again: new bug or 320024? can/want we to get that into sarge proposed
> > updates?
> I once filed another bug, which proposes a patch for those problems: #329547

Hmm, then I will probably put that patch in a subversion people branch
for that specific bug number.

But then one of my questions from my "thoughts about branching an
merging" mail shows up:

if I fix the problems mentioned in those two bugreports in different
branches, one for each bugreport, you still aren't able to build a
correct and working FAI cd in any of those branches because fai-cd
depends on BOTH, plus the simple example fix (or is it included in
329547?), only if we have a common 2.8.5 release branch, thomas should
probably merge those two changes there, and we can test there if both
work together then. Or how do we do it?

Henning