more troubles with fai-cd

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Sun Oct 16 21:10:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 18:54 +0200, Henning Sprang wrote:
> hy,
> Still on my way to test the fai-cd bugfix.
>
> After solving the grub problem mentioned in my last mail by removing the
> package_config/DEFAULT lines for the LILO class, I get a bootable system
> for the simple install without gnome.
>
> The simple example install with GNOME finishes surprisingly fast, is
> bootable, but no GNOME is running.
>
> So, I can't say fai-cd works now.
>
> Looking at the logfiles(of both installs mentioned above) I see further
> errors like that, sometimes:
>

> updatebase.log:W: Couldn't stat source package list file: stable/contrib
> Packages
> (/var/lib/apt/lists/_media_mirror_dists_stable_contrib_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
>

> a similar message also appears for non-free package lists. All that is
> correct so far as, yes, I only have a package list for main
> in /tmp/target/var/lib/apt/lists, and none for non-free and contrib. But
> I have no idea yet how to fix that, still, I will try further, but would
> appreciate any hints in case you know problems like that.

I just realized, the install runs fine and without those errors,
resulting in a running gnome install when I change line 214 in fai-cd to
be

deb file:/media/mirror stable main

again: new bug or 320024? can/want we to get that into sarge proposed
updates?

Was somebody else able to successfully create a fai-cd which installed
the two example installs without flaws from FAI 2.8.4?

Henning