FAI - multi distributions

Florent Vuillemin florent.vuillemin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 15:07:41 CEST 2005

Hi,

Since the first version I had some time to add support for other
distributions to FAI. Here is a new version that supports :

- RedHat Advanced Server 3
- Mandriva 10.2
- (almost) Fedora Core 4

Unfortunately I didn't manage to solve the bootstrap creation problem,
and as I have no more time to continue this project I couldn't test
the solutions quoted by Holger.

I have uploaded the archive at the following URL:
http://r.b.t.free.fr/fai/FAI-md.tgz

... and here is the documentation, which explains all the differences
with FAI (it is also available in SXW and PDF in the doc/ subdirectory
of the archive):
http://r.b.t.free.fr/fai/FAI-md.pdf

You will also find a system image to boostrap Mandriva 10.2:
http://r.b.t.free.fr//fai/images/mandriva.10_2/
(the archive for FC4 is too large (80Mo) and doesn't fit on this
server, so I couldn't upload it).

I hope this modification will be useful :)

Regards,
Florent

PS: I might not read my emails vera often during the next few weeks as
I will certainly move to another city.