[intermedia-info] Fwd: Call for participation, Dresden Summer Academy for Visual Arts

dhepfer dhepfer at uni-koeln.de
Mi Mai 2 16:10:28 CEST 2018

Franka Häßner

International Summer Academy Dresden
Tel.: +49-(0)351-866 02-13
Email: soak at sommerakademie-dresden.de
<mailto:soak at sommerakademie-dresden.de>

*Apply now for a scholarship at the**
**21ST INTERNATIONAL DRESDEN SUMMER ACADEMY FOR VISUAL ARTS**
*22.7.-4.8.2018**
The Summer Academy invites young international artists to Dresden.

We offer an inspiring, professional and entertaining encounter with
numerous well-known artists, 11 courses and a fascinating supporting
programme.

*the scholarship includes:
*• participation fee for one of the courses during the first week
• travel costs and accommodation for participants from Czech Republic
and Poland
because of a trans-regional support

• *PAINTING I (COURSE A) *Heading for systematic composition / Maik
Wolf, Berlin**

• *DRAWING II (COURSE A) Formal reduction and compelling effects /
Jarosław Grulkowski, Wrocław*

• *PHOTOGRAPHY II (COURSE A) Experimental Archaeology: How working with
archives is initiating creative photography / Julia Winckler, Brighton*

• *VIDEO Ways of Seeing / Diego Vivanco, Leipzig/Bilbao*

• *SCULPTURE/INSTALLATION (COURSE A) Finding an artistic approach to
unexceptional things / Şakir Gökçebağ, Hamburg*

*More information about the courses via "Stipendium" at
www.sommerakademie-dresden.de <http://www.sommerakademie-dresden.de/>***

**

*1st WEEK*

*>individual courses from Monday to Friday 9.30 am – 5 pm*

*2nd WEEK*

*>finishing the individual project in the artistic workshops of riesa efau*

*>presentation with the academy’s scholarship holders*

*>presentation of selected art works in the participants’ exhibition,
Motorenhalle*

**

*WHO CAN APPLY*
Artists at the age of 20-35 years who work or study in the field of
contemporary art or design and speak either English or German fluently.

*HOW TO APPLY**
*Please send your portfolio (PDF, max 25 MB) and mention your
favourite course and an alternative course to:
soak at sommerakademie-dresden.de
*Deadline 17.6.2018*
We are looking forward to your applications!

*CONTACT:*

*International Dresden Summer Academy*

*for Visual Arts - Franka Haessner (director)*

*Tel.: +49 (0)351 – 86602-13*

*Mail: soak at sommerakademie-dresden.de*

**

funding and partners: Freistaat Sachsen, Deutsch-Tschechischer
Zukunftsfonds, Univerzite J. E. Purkyne v Ústí nad Labem, Fundacja ART
TRANSPARENT, Wroclaw/Polen