[DiXiT] Fwd: DiXiT 3 / ESTS 2016 -- More bursaries!

Franz Fischer franz.fischer at uni-koeln.de
Thu Sep 15 11:50:34 CEST 2016

[Fwd from Wout Dillen]

*** Apologies for cross-posting — please distribute widely ***

Dear colleagues,

We are very pleased to announce that thanks to additional funding, we
were able to *double* our number of bursaries for the upcoming
conference: *Digital Scholarly Editing: Theory, Practice, Methods’*.
Rather than 5, we can now award *10 competitive bursaries* to conference
participants, generously sponsored by DHu.F. and DiXiT.

Bursaries

Successful applicants will be awarded a bursary of *€250* to help defray
expenses incurred in attending the conference. In awarding these
bursaries, preference will be given to Early Career Scholars. Criteria
and regulations apply, please check the conference website for more
information and guidelines for application:
http://uahost.uantwerpen.be/estsdixit2016/index.php/bursaries/.

*IMPORTANT: Please note that the deadline for applying for these
bursaries is approaching (21 Sept.)! *

Reduced conference rates

In the same spirit, we were also able to lower the registration fee for
students soon after our announcement of opening the conference’s
registration. (Participants who registered before this change took place
were of course contacted.) The *normal registration rate* is fixed at
*€100 *for the whole conference, and the *reduced rate *is fixed at *€50*.

Besides three conference days with provided coffee and lunch, these fees
include a conference reception at the Antwerp City Hall, a one-year
membership of the European Society for Textual Scholarship and the
opportunity to participate in a number of pre-conference workshops and
social events.

While registration for these workshops and most of the social events is
free, *places are limited* and starting to fill up — so *early
registration is strongly encouraged*.

General information

As previously stated, the DiXiT 3 / ESTS 2016 conference titled
'*Digital Scholarly Editing: Theory Practice, Methods*' is a joint
effort of the *European Society for Textual Scholarship* (ESTS) and the
*DiXiT Network*. The conference programme presents a comprehensive
critique of the state of the art of textual scholarship and digital
scholarly editing. We are proud to welcome *Paul Eggert* and *Kathryn
Sutherland* as keynote speakers, and *Hans Walter Gabler* and *Peter
Shillingsburg *as guests of honour.

The event will be hosted by the Centre for Manuscript Genetics (CMG) and
takes place from *5 - 7 October 2016* at the city campus of the
University of Antwerp. (With pre-conference workshops organized on 4
October.)

The full programme and further information about dates, venues, and
workshops can be viewed on the conference website:
http://uahost.uantwerpen.be/estsdixit2016/

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Antwerp.

On behalf of the organizing committee,

Wout Dillen

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dh_flanders/CAPdazpzrVGiQMYRvS62T86fbFf-n64EU_TUDeXtR6B5DOaEbpg%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dh_flanders/CAPdazpzrVGiQMYRvS62T86fbFf-n64EU_TUDeXtR6B5DOaEbpg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.