daemon re{load,start} on configuration change

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Tue Nov 23 12:40:16 CET 2021

In case anyone cares:

> But maybe I'm not the first person thinking about this problem
> and someone else has better ideas or even a working solution.
As no-one replied, I went for
> I could build my own scheme for that.

It's now a shell script to be run in scripts/FAIBASE after 50-fcopy (because it parses fcopy.log) with a configuration file at the top of the files directory (which never gets fcopy-ed because fcopy is only run on etc, usr etc.) which should be self-explanatory:

$initsystem systemd
etc/icinga2/icinga2.conf		icinga2	restart
etc/icinga2/constants.conf		icinga2	restart
etc/icinga2/*				icinga2	reload
etc/default/icinga2			icinga2	restart
etc/systemd/system/icinga2.service	icinga2 restart
usr/local/share/icinga2			icinga2	restart
etc/collectd/*				collectd	restart

(There's a built-in rule, that, for initsystem systemd, changes in etc/systemd/system/* cause a systemd daemon-reload.)

For any given file, first match wins; for a daemon, restart wins over reload.