fai-diskimage and STRETCH64.tar.xz

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Sep 12 12:54:25 CEST 2017

    > in
    > https://github.com/faiproject/fai/blob/master/examples/simple/basefiles/mk-basefile#L98
    > we delete the /etc/machine-id file for debian based VMs
It's now fixed.

    > the question:
    > is https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=866331 actually a
    > bug of fai-diskimage or not ?

    > I am a bit worried if I setup the build of VMs via a makefile, I cannot
    > catch an error in the build process as the make target doing the build
    > will always succeed.
    > What do you think ?
In FAI we have a fine-grain error code ($task_error) which is in the
range of 0-900 which tells you if it's more a minor warning or a
majort failure. There's also $STOP_ON_ERROR which is a boundary when
to stop the installation.

I have to work on the correct exit code in FAI, maybe just
check if $task_error > $STOP_ON_ERROR and then exit 1. Let's see.