FAI roadmap

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Jul 23 12:15:28 CEST 2010

    > @Thomas: If I get your ACK I will, after coordinating with Mika, push it into
    > trunk.  Maybe you could also voice your opinion about the desired strategy for
    > the simple examples, as I proposed two in my previous mail.

A minor bug:

> perl -wc bin/dhcp-edit
print (...) interpreted as function at bin/dhcp-edit line 153.

IMO it should be:
$dhcpdconf=(-d "/etc/dhcp") ? "/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf" : "/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf";

Following lines in the documentation should not be upgraded, because
this chapter of the documentation is old (yes this is documented), and
it should not be upgraded without upgrading the whole chapter.

-nucleus:/# apt-get install ntp tftpd-hpa dhcp3-server \
+nucleus:/# apt-get install ntp tftpd-hpa isc-dhcp-server \

-'/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf' and 'make-fai-nfsroot.conf'. Replace the
+'/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf' and 'make-fai-nfsroot.conf'. Replace the

Everything else is fine. ACK. Currently I have no more time to look at
the simple examples.