FAI roadmap

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Jul 21 09:05:52 CEST 2010

    > IMHO it's - as Julien said - quite risky to not have fai in testing until mid
    > september, that could very well be after the freeze. And it's quite likely
    > that new packages will not be allowed into squeeze after the freeze, even if
    > they were part of lenny.
IMO it's no problem to get new packages into squeeze even after
freeze. We had that in the past and it worked quiet well. But it's
important that a lot of people will test the new version and give
feedback, otherwise I will not upload it into unstable.

    > How about uploading 3.3.6 to sid now, with the dhcp patch and then continue
    > developing 4.0 outside of sid as you seem to plan anyway? That would allow
    > fai to stay in squeeze....
IMO this is not needed and it's only additional work. I will
concentrate working on 4.0. If you like to help on creating a 3.3.6
version, please get in touch with mika (just post on this list).