Bug of the week, BOTW: #362252

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Nov 1 13:41:33 CET 2006

Hi all,

this is the first "Bug of the week" also called "FAI weekly bugs". I
like to pick a bug, discuss, implement and _test_ a fix for it
hopefully within a week.

My first proposal is this bug

  #362252: fai-client: die() shell function runs bash in non-interactive mode

Please discuss a solution for it on IRC or maybe on this mailing
list. A summary and the final solution should be posted to the BTS. I
think it's not good to do the whole discussion via the BTS if the
discussion may get too long.

The BOTW does not need to be a weekly task, but maybe now and then we
can start another BOTW or BOTM. You may also propose a bug of the week
directly to this list, but please only if the former BOTW was finished
and I only like to have one active BOTW at a time. I expect that
people who propose a bug of the not only want that someone else fixes
this bug but that they also help closing this bug and post the solution
or summary to the BTS.

P.S: Please do not underestimate the time it may take to close a
bug. For e.g. IMO #309678 is more a BOTM than a BOTW.
Maybe some can add the BOTW to the IRC topic.
--
best regards Thomas