patch for fai-chboot -c

Björn Torkelsson torkel at hpc2n.umu.se
Fri Jul 7 15:35:07 CEST 2006

Hi,

On ons, 2006-07-05 at 11:21 +0200, Andreas Sindermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is a unified patch for fai-chboot provided by Ubuntu. With this
> patch 'fai-chboot -c' behaves as follows:
>
> a) a possibly existent .disable pxe file will be removed automaticall
>     and a corresponding message is printed.

As I said in another mail, I'm not sure that this is the best solution,
IMHO it is better to add a force switch and instead also add a check if
a config file without .disable exists.

> b) an introducing headline to the copied file is prepended stating
>     from which source and for which host it has been
>     generated. Currently one can't see (except by the hex-filename) for
>     which host it has been generated.

Shouldn't you check for an existing headline (for instance when copying
from one host to another) and remove it? I'm not sure how to solve that
in a generic way though.

It might also be a good idea to test if open(...) in do copy succeeds,
even if a lot of checks are done earlier.

/torkel