FAI

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 26 17:28:09 CEST 2005

    > A more interesting question would be how we will share our code to work
    > on that stuff.

    > Thomas, can we use the FAI alioth subversion for this? Is this already
    > usable?

Access to the svn repository will be read-only but it should work. I
think everybody could create a local branch for his own code. But I do
not recommend creating a FAI branch currently, since the next change
in FAI will be the splitting it into several packages and maybe I will
also reorganise the sources. So, later a merge will be very difficult
when someone is doing a branch now.

Currently I have no time to start reorganising the FAI code, so
changes to the sources will not be made until october.

But I plan to write a roadmap for FAI 3 and to discuss and prepare the
reorganising of the code.